Home Care FAQs – OLD

  • What sort of charges would I have to pay if I accept a Home Care Package?
    There maybe an income tested care fee or client contribution fee.  The income tested care fee is a fee that will be issued by Centrelink once you have completed the necessary documentation.  A client contribution fee is a fee negotiated between yourself and Accent Home Care (a division of TTHA).


  • Where do I get an estimate of my income tested care fee?
    Please visit the My Aged Care website on www.myagedcare.gov.au and use the fee estimator for an indication of costs that you may have to contribute towards your home care package.


  • How do I become eligible for a government funded Home Care Package?
    In order to become eligible for a Home Care Package you will need to be assessed by an Assessment Service,  your first contact is via the My Aged Care contact number 1800 200 422.


  • How do I access the Social Support Group?
    Step 1 – Arrange a My Aged Care assessment, call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit myagedcare.gov.au
    Step 2 – Make sure you ask to be referred to Accent Home Care
    Step 3 – Contact Accent Home Care to organise joining our Social Support Group on (03) 8720 1338


  • Do you use your own in house staff?
    We use staff from various brokerage organisations as well as our own in house staff.


  • Why do I have to pay a daily fee if I don’t receive daily services?
    Since the government provides daily funding the fees are also calculated daily.


  • What if I can’t afford to pay my fees?
    You can apply for financial hardship.


  • At what age can I become eligible for a home care package?
    People over 65 can be eligible but there are also some exceptions especially for younger onset dementia clients
Select Language »