Personal Support Worker (Home Care)
Tabulam & Templer Homes for the Aged Inc is a multicultural aged care provider that promotes independence, self-esteem, choice and outstanding customer service through its Accent Home Care division.
We currently have vacancies in areas surrounding, for example, Bayswater, Boronia, Narre Warren, Springvale, and Cranbourne, working a range of hours per fortnight. We are looking for people who are passionate about caring for aged care and can communicate well within a team.
About the role:
- Provide personal care, domestic assistance, escorted transportation and social support for elderly clients in their own homes.
- Upholds the new Aged Care Standards of consumer choice and dignity.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain Professional Boundaries
- Understand and apply the privacy and confidentiality Act.
- Ensure health and safety laws are adhered to.
- Sound knowledge around infection control and manual handling.
- As a not-for-profit organisation, we offer competitive hourly rate and salary packaging.
Skills and experience:
- Strong communication with interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Able to work independently, diligently and follow instructions/ care task list.
- Reliable, flexible and able to commit to a variety of shifts.
- Certificate III or above within the health and community services.
- 12 months previous experience within Community/Aged Care (desired).
- Multilingual (desired).
- Please note you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident to apply.
- Applicants must have a valid police clearance, Victorian driver’s license, your own reliable car which must be fully comprehensively insured and a smart phone.
Apply by sending your resume to Rod at email@example.com