** Program currently on hold due to COVID-19 **
Volunteers are one of the most important resources TTHA has. The ability of people to work willingly together, for the betterment of their community and themselves is a valuable resource.
TTHA are very fortunate to have such a strong volunteer group and we are always so appreciative of new volunteers joining our team.
The image of the volunteer has changed over time. Now volunteers come from all walks of life: they may be teenagers learning to manage responsibility by caring for the elderly, an executive sharing management skills with a community group or a retiree enjoying a new friendship and offering assistance to the elderly. Ideally, volunteers find the donation of their time and energy a meaningful experience for themselves as well as for the organisation. A true win/win situation.
Benefits volunteers bring to the organisation:
- Credibility – volunteers have fewer vested interests, making them a valuable public relations asset
- Objectivity – especially in the delivery of services
- Refreshed energy
- Specialised skills and knowledge
- New ideas to enrich the existing programs
- Flexibility to focus intently on a particular task or issue
- Constructive criticism and feedback
- Fresh perspectives – “new blood” can keep an organization alive
- Ability to lessen the overall workload
- Capacity to expand services
- Immediate access to the community
TTHA ensures our volunteers are provided with tasks that the volunteer wants to do, knows how to do, is able to do and agrees to do. Our Volunteers Coordinator is very focused on ensuring our volunteers have a meaningful experience at TTHA.
TTHA continues to help volunteers discover their uniqueness.
If you would like to volunteer please contact Sumeet Singh on 8720 1357 or via email email@example.com