Visiting during COVID-19
An industry code for visiting residential aged care homes during COVID-19 has been released by the Australian Government. The visitation code for residential aged care prioritises access to loved ones, while ensuring the protection of our residents, remain the number one priority. As restrictions start to ease, care needs to be taken by all in the interests of aged care residents, providers, provider’s staff and visitors alike.
In order to comply with the advice from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee TTHA visitor guidelines have been amended. There are a number of access conditions, outlined below. These arrangements are subject to change depending on the circumstances and risks that may occur in the future.
- We request that you book in your visit prior to entry, please call reception Monday – Friday between 9am and 5pm to arrange a visit – (03) 8720 1333
- Visits should be only as frequent as required to support a resident, for a short duration and limited to a maximum of two people for up to 30 minutes;
- Visits are to occur in a resident’s room only, and visitors are to maintain 1.5 meters physical distance from the resident.
- Longer periods of visitation can be agreed to with the provider, and may be given priority for family or friends of residents living with dementia or under palliative care;
- There will be routine screening measures for all staff and visitors on entry, including a no-touch temperature test as follows:
- Visitors are not to attend TTHA if they have any flu like symptoms or may have been exposed to a person with COVID 19 or influenza;
- You are required to respond honestly to screening questions about COVID-19 risk factors;
- You are required to demonstrate an up to date flu vaccination prior to visit. Please email to email@example.com;
- Hand hygiene is mandatory so please use hand sanitiser upon entry and exit of the home;
- We request visitors to remain in the residents’ room.
Video calls continue to be accessible to all residents to enable more regular communications with family members. You can also keep in touch with us via Facebook. Our Lifestyle team is posting many pictures on https://www.facebook.com/tthacare/
In the absence of an active outbreak, residents can continue to use public spaces within the home, including outdoor spaces using physical distancing measures as required by COVID-19 guidelines.
- Limited group activities will resume from Monday 18th of May, 1.5m physical distance requirements will be maintained.
- Residents can continue to receive letters, parcels including gifts, non-perishable food and communication devices to TTHA.We are eager to welcome back our residents’ families and friends, in a safe and manageable way and look forward to welcoming you, albeit in a restricted manner. Thank you to all of our staff, families, and friends, for your understanding and support, I’m greatly appreciative that we continue to report no confirmed COVID-19 cases in our home.