“Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves” J.M Barrie
Volunteers are one of the essential resources TTHA has. The ability of people to work willingly together for the betterment of their Community and themselves is a valuable resource.
TTHA is very fortunate to have such a strong volunteer group, and we are always so appreciative of new volunteers joining our team.
The image of the volunteer has changed over time. Now volunteers come from all walks of life: they may be teenagers learning to manage responsibility by caring for the elderly and gaining industry insights, an executive sharing management skills with a community group, a retiree enjoying a new friendship and offering assistance to the elderly or a family member who visits their elderly relative in residential care and wants to share their spare time with other older persons who are less fortunate.
TTHA ensures our volunteers are provided with tasks that the volunteer wants to do, knows how to do, can do, and agrees to do. We want our volunteers to find donating their time and energy a meaningful experience for themselves and the Community. We are committed to ensuring that volunteers across our programs are encouraged, supported, trained and well-informed with regular engagement events. TTHA continues to help volunteers discover their uniqueness and welcomes volunteers from all backgrounds.
At TTHA there are many opportunities to volunteer. If you are interested in an ongoing or casual commitment or if you like to volunteer sporadic at special events, get in touch and discuss with us your journey as a volunteer at TTHA. Please contact us on (03) 8720 1333, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online form below.
Benefits of Volunteering:
– Being part of our team
– Building friendships and meaningful connections
– Using your skills in a rewarding way and learning new skills
– Bringing in new ideas and being part of continuous improvement in Aged Care Services
– Positively improving your health and well-being as well as of others
– Improving someone’s quality of life
– Increasing your self-confidence and self-esteem
– Meeting other volunteers and exchanging experiences
– Enjoying relevant training opportunities
– Gaining industry experience
– Benefitting from staff discounts and counselling services*
– Free volunteer events and lunches*
– Reimbursement of travel expenses* etc.
* Conditions Apply
Volunteer Visitors under the Aged Care Volunteer Visitors Scheme (ACVVS)*
*Funded by the Australian Government
The ACVVS focuses on older individuals from linguistic, cultural and complex vulnerability backgrounds, who may be at high risk of social isolation. There are various reasons for feeling isolated:
- Limited contact with family or friends
- Mobility issues prevent them from leaving home easily or taking part in activities
- Feeling isolated due to cultural and linguistic differences
- Being financially or socially disadvantaged
- Being different in any way
TTHA supports community-based organisations in recruiting and matching volunteers under the ACVVS, aiming to provide companionship through voluntary visits to socially isolated recipients of Government-subsidised residential aged care and Home Care Packages. Help older people maintain a social connection and improve their quality of life.
- Provide companionship over a cuppa
- Teach or learn a new language or skill
- Make music together
- Play card and board games
- Discuss sport, politics or history
- Bring your ideas – be creative
You can volunteer in residential aged care or visit an older person in their home.
Visit www.health.gov.au/our-work/aged-care-volunteer-visitors-scheme-acvvs to learn more about the scheme or contact us at (03) 8720 1333 via email at email@example.com or use the online form below.
TTHA prides itself on seeking German-speaking staff as well as volunteers, based on our German history. One exciting program that TTHA runs is our International Volunteers (IVs) program. Young Germans come out from Germany and stay at TTHA to offer their services in Activities and Engagement. These German young adults bring language, culture, youthfulness, joy, knowledge, creativity, curiosity and a lot of different skills to support our residents. They are a great asset not only for the residents but also for their relatives and staff of TTHA. Since 2022 we are grateful to be working with volunteers from Verein für internationalen und interkulturellen Austausch (VIA e.V.) Instagram: via_ev and Evangelische Freiwillgendienste gGmbH (Das Diakonische Jahr im Ausland, DJiA) Instagram @dein-djia.
If you like to learn more about our IV program, contact us on (03) 8720 1333, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online form below.