Volunteers are one of the essential resources TTHA has. The ability of people to work willingly together for the betterment of their Community and themselves is a valuable resource.
TTHA is very fortunate to have such a strong volunteer group, and we are always so appreciative of new volunteers joining our team.
Benefits volunteers bring to the organisation:
– Credibility – volunteers have fewer vested interests, making them a valuable public relations asset
– Objectivity – especially in the delivery of services
– Refreshed energy
– Specialised skills and knowledge
– New ideas to enrich the existing programs
– Flexibility to focus intently on a particular task or issue
– Constructive criticism and feedback
– Fresh perspectives – “new blood” can keep an organisation alive
– Ability to lessen the overall workload
– Capacity to expand services
– Immediate access to the Community
The image of the volunteer has changed over time. Now volunteers come from all walks of life: they may be teenagers learning to manage responsibility by caring for the elderly, an executive sharing management skills with a community group, or a retiree enjoying a new friendship and offering assistance to the elderly.
Ideally, volunteers find donating their time and energy a meaningful experience for themselves and the organisation—an actual win/win situation.
TTHA ensures our volunteers are provided with tasks that the volunteer wants to do, knows how to do, can do, and agrees to do.
Our Volunteers Coordinator is very focused on ensuring our volunteers have a meaningful experience at TTHA.
TTHA continues to help volunteers discover their uniqueness. Bi-lingual volunteers are highly desired!
TTHA prides itself on seeking German-speaking staff. One exciting program that TTHA runs is our International Volunteers (IVs) program. Where young German students come out from Germany and stay at TTHA, to offer their services in Care, Activities and Lifestyle. These German youths bring language, culture, youthfulness, joy, knowledge and a lot of different skills to support our residents. They are a great asset not only for the consumers but also for the relatives and staff of TTHA. In 2022 we are working with volunteers from – Verein für internationalen und interkulturellen Austausch (VIA e.V.). Instagram: via_ev and Evangelische Freiwillgendienste gGmbH: Instagram @dein-djia.